Story 

Acting 

Music 

Satisfaction 

BOGCHI Reviewed by BOGCHI    February 21, 2011
Last updated: May 07, 2011
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews

Magical?

I am currently on episode 5, but I feel the need to write a review and share my thoughts on this intriguing drama.

At first I wasn't 100% into watching this drama because of the premise of body switching. Basically, it doesn't appeal to me. Secondly, I am not a big fan of Ha Ji Won (because I haven't seen her in anything besides an episode of What Happens In Bali). People sees her as a beautiful woman, but I thought she just looks pretty plain. Especially in this drama where she plays a supposedly plain looking woman. A little shallow that I base my viewing habits on looks? It's a bit sad, but yes. Since, this drama has already won me over anyways, I've learned to stop doing that.

To put it in comparison: I haven't been excited to watch the next episode of a k-drama since the My Girl, Kim Sam Soon, Full House era, which seemed to be ages ago. At last! The cinematography is amazing, the story is captivating, the music was nothing special but hits all the right notes (and later I realize that the music is more amazing than i thought), and the acting? Let's just say that Ha Ji Won won me over on the first episode. She plays a "cool" stuntwoman and she plays it just right. Badass, with some cuteness. Hyun Bin plays a very similar character to his character in Kim Sam Soon, which is a big plus because as much as people loved Kim Sam Soon, Sam Shik was a fun character too.

So far (as of episode 5), [SPOILER ALERT] the body switch has not happened yet and I'm already way satisfied. Hopefully the main premise doesn't ruin this already great drama.
Will be editing later by episode 12-------

By episode 12, the body switching came and went, and I felt like it did not do much to the story. It was fun and interesting, but I felt like it could have been taken out and the story and it would have still been great. No lessons learned, and very little realized between the characters. But in a way, I kinda liked how I didn't see that coming. I'm glad the fantasy part of this drama didn't interfere as much since as I said I already liked the drama even without the magic involved.

Over the last few episodes my excitement has gone down, but the undeniable chemistry between Ha Ji Won and Hyun Bin was just enough to keep the drama interesting. Sided with the mellowest situation and then hit straight up with something so hilarious seems contrasting but this drama made it work. The side stories were very interesting as well and the drama does make you feel for the supporting characters and did not come out as just fill-ins. I must say though that sometimes it felt like the direction of the drama was SUPPOSED to go somewhere else, but due to popularity, it had to cater to the masses and play it safe (I could definitely be wrong.. just a feeling I got while watching). I'm not complaining though, I liked how things were executed.

I think the reason I really like this drama is because it's not a cohabitation or love contract drama, which seems to make up 99% of my favorite dramas. Plus a lot of it is in the guy's point of view (Kim Joo Won), which is something new as well. Those and the fact that it has a really great script. But I could go on and on, because everything just worked right for this drama for me.

Overall, this drama was fun, sad, interesting, magical and everything good. So much memorable scenes and dialogues that will definitely stick in your head for quite some time. I definitely recommend you to give it a try, who knows it might come out as one of your favorites like me.

Was this review helpful to you? 
Report this review

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering 
To write a comment please register or log in.

aznanimedude
February 21, 2011
Report this comment
D: what already, i just started it T_T, darn you for beating me to it xD, i hope to see your full drama review for the entire series :)
BOGCHI
February 21, 2011
Report this comment
It's so good, I couldn't even wait to finish the drama. LOL
I see people complaining about not liking Hyun Bin's character (in the beginning) because of how cold he is.. He is so damn goofy, so he was tolerable for me.
2 results - showing 1 - 2

Search

Category:    Network:    
Release Date:    Episodes:    
Genres: Keywords:   

Newly Added

Operation Proposal
User rating

10.0 (1)
ToGetHer
User rating

8.8 (1)