Overall rating 

Story 

Acting 

Music 

Satisfaction 

Dramarater Reviewed by Dramarater    October 04, 2009
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews

Liar Game Review

This drama was not bad in my opinion, but it did have it's flaws at points.

Story: The storyline of this drama is exceptional. It's unlike any drama I've seen, and I really enjoyed the intellectual puzzle aspect of Liar Game. As I made my way through the series, it reminded me more and more of Death Note. It uses the same type of logic and thought process that Death Note uses... And for obvious reasons. ^_^;

Acting: The acting was not bad in this series. Strangely enough, I went right from Hana Yori Dango to Liar Game, so it was a little bit hard for me to see Matsuda Shota in such a different light. But I do feel that he was ideal for the part, and he played his role very well. Some times, the acting of some of the other actors seemed a little forced, and that's the reason why it only got an eight.

Music: To be honest, the music in the series bugged me quite a bit. I understand that the music was used to increase the suspense and dramatic tension, but I feel that it was overdone slightly, and they could have pulled back on it.

Satisfaction: I was fairly satisfied by this drama. I found that the camera angles jumped around too much, and although it was used to increase the dramatic feel, it became annoying as the series went on. As well, I found that the story become boring at parts. True, it was very suspenseful, and I wanted to know what would happen next, but I found myself stopping periodically. I couldn't make it through some of the parts in one sitting, which is how I usually like to watch dramas.

All in all, this drama wasn't bad. I liked how the story gave the viewer time to think, and how the whole plot was just a puzzle to solve. Unfortunately, I felt that it could have been "put together" better in order to improve this series.

Was this review helpful to you? 
Report this review

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering 
To write a comment please register or log in.

Extreme316
April 27, 2012
Report this comment
Acting: The acting was not bad in this series. Strangely enough, I went right from Hana Yori Dango to Liar Game, so it was a little bit hard for me to see Matsuda Shota in such a different light. But I do feel that he was ideal for the part, and he played his role very well. Some times, the acting of some of the other actors seemed a little forced, and that's the reason why it only got an eight.

Music: To be honest, the music in the series bugged me quite a bit. I understand that the music was used to increase the suspense and dramatic tension, but I feel that it was overdone slightly, and they could have pulled back on it.

Satisfaction: I was fairly satisfied by this drama. I found that the camera angles jumped around too much, and although it was used to increase the dramatic feel, it became annoying as the series went on. As well, I found that the story become boring at parts. True, it was very suspenseful, and I wanted to know what would happen next, but I found myself stopping periodically. I couldn't make it through some of the parts in one sitting, which is how I usually like to watch dramas.
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Search

Category:    Network:    
Release Date:    Episodes:    
Genres: Keywords:   

Newly Added

Operation Proposal
User rating

10.0 (1)
ToGetHer
User rating

8.8 (1)