Overall rating 

Story 

Acting 

Music 

Satisfaction 

jcrew Reviewed by jcrew    October 03, 2009
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews

Pretty good. Kinda Over-Rated for me

The premise of this Drama is pretty good. It's a good concept and has the potential to be a really special Drama. What made it less satisfying for me is Rain's performance. I was unfazed by his acting and felt he was there just for his pretty face. The actress did a fantastic job and she was really believable. She was amazing.

The story is pretty simple. Girl and famous guy bicker but find common ground to benefit eachother. They pretend marriage so that she gets her house back and he gets away from scandal so he can focus on the girl he thinks he loves. While together, they bicker and torture each other until it becomes unbearable. But even as they "hate", they fall into the common stereotype that male and female together for a while could develop a strong bond. They separate, only to get back together.

The drama is a pleasure to watch, but Rain's poor acting made it hard to sympathize with him. He's just incorrigible. The supporting cast is very very good. Almost excellent. The producers really hit a home run with the supporting cast. Lots of very good sub-plots to give this 16 episode season a good and addictive run.

As much as this drama is good, there are a few others that are better. But the story and the supportive cast make this a strong 9 overall. I don't remember much in terms of laughing as I didn't find this drama that funny, but I do remember that this drama has a lot of heartfelt moments and growth of characters. This is quite a mature drama, if only they casted a stronger actor.

Was this review helpful to you? 
Report this review

Comments

To write a comment please register or log in.

Search

Category:    Network:    
Release Date:    Episodes:    
Genres: Keywords:   

Newly Added

Operation Proposal
User rating

10.0 (1)
ToGetHer
User rating

8.8 (1)
Answer Me 1997